Sunday, October 17, 2010

Favorite Food Processor Pie Crust

My favorite food processor pie dough from The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
It never fails me. Their recipe calls for shortening but I prefer unsalted butter ever since I heard Martha Stewart suggest it.

1 Cup of flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 Cup unsalted butter or shortening
1/4 Cup ice water

Process flour and salt in food processor, pulsing 3 or 4 times or until combined. Add shortening or butter pulsing 5 or 6 times or until mixture is crumbly. With processor running slowly add ice water one TBS at a time. Process just until pastry begins to form a ball and leaves sides of bowl. Chill 30 minutes. Roll pastry to an 1/8 thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place in a 9 inch pie plate. Trim off excess pastry edges. Fold edges under and crimp. For baked pastry shell, prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with a fork and bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a young girl my mom would save the little pot pie tins so when she made a pie she could make me my own special little pie. Warm memories! Love ya, Mom!

    ReplyDelete